At the Monterey Car Week, the French luxury brand marks the start of celebrations for its anniversary year 2019.
- Bugatti to celebrate its 110th anniversary next year
- Bugatti President Stephan Winkelmann: “The combination of a unique heritage including the most valuable automobiles in history with the ultimate super sports cars of recent times, the Veyron and Chiron, makes Bugatti an icon of the automotive world.”
- Monterey Car Week 2018 marks the start of celebrations
- World premiere for the Divo on the lawn at The Quail
- Chiron “Sky View” presented for the first time
- First appearance of Chiron Sport1 at the Monterey Car Week
- New, larger brand presentation at the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance
With its appearance at the 2018 Monterey Car Week, which is coming to an end this weekend, Bugatti has given a foretaste of next year, when the brand is to celebrate its 110th anniversary. Ettore Bugatti founded the company in Molsheim, Alsace in 1909.
“Bugatti can look back on a longer, more eventful history than any other super sports car brand,” says Stephan Winkelmann, President of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. “The combination of a unique heritage including the most valuable automobiles in history with the ultimate super sports cars of recent times, the Veyron and Chiron1, makes Bugatti an icon of the automotive world.”
The new products presented under the anniversary logo included the eagerly awaited Divo2. The luxury brand’s latest model, designed for agility and optimum handling performance on winding roads, was unveiled as a world premiere at the exclusive automobile event “The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering”. The small series, limited to 40 vehicles, had already been sold out prior to the presentation. Under the Californian sun, Bugatti also presented for the first time its Chiron3 with the recently announced “Sky View” glass roof option as well as the new Chiron Sport1. On Sunday, at the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance, all three vehicles were in the best of company with an immaculate 1939 Type 57C Atalante and products from Bugatti’s lifestyle cooperation partners in the new “Le Domaine Bugatti”. With a floor area of more than 800 m², the presentation of the traditional brand from Molsheim was not only significantly larger. In addition to the private section for Bugatti owners and guests, there was also a section open to all visitors to the event.
In 2019, the brand intends to celebrate the past and present with a variety of events. Both a rally from Milan via Paris to Molsheim and an official celebration in Molsheim are planned.
Chiron Sport:Fuel consumption, l/100km: urban 35.2 / extra urban 15.2 / combined 22.5; CO2 emissions (combined), g/km: 516; efficiency class: G*
Divo:This model is not subject to Directive 1999/94/EC, as type approval has not yet been granted.
Chiron:Fuel consumption, l/100km: urban 35.2 / extra urban 15.2 / combined 22.5; CO2 emissions (combined), g/km: 516; efficiency class: G*